Whether you’re a seasoned painting pro or just a beginner, interior painting for your home can be a really fun activity!
BIG Painting – the leading residential painters in Lawrenceville, has some tips to help you achieve the perfect paint job, no matter your skill level!
So, read on and get inspired to take on this home improvement project head-on!
First Things First: Choose the Right Color Palette!
This may seem daunting initially, but plenty of online resources are available to help you out. Our favorite resource is Pinterest – type in ‘interior paint colors’ and voila! Thousands of ideas right in front of you!
Try earth tones or jewel tones if you’re going for a warm and inviting atmosphere. If you want a modern and sleek look, go for classic colors like black and white!
Once you’ve narrowed down your choices, consider the natural light in your space. A bright white might look great in a sunny living room but wouldn’t be nearly as flattering in a dark bedroom.
Next Up: Prep Work!
Taking time to do the prep work is key to getting a smooth finish on your walls.
- This includes removing all furniture and fixtures and ensuring that all the walls are clean and debris-free.
- Patch any holes or cracks for a much nicer finished product.
- When prepping a room, be sure also to put down drop cloths or newspaper to catch any drips or splatters.
Now You’re Ready to Start Painting!
- Start by applying primer to ensure that your paint job looks its best. Primer provides a smooth base & helps to prevent uneven coverage. When applying primer, follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the best results.
- When the walls are completely dry, it’s time to start painting! Begin by painting the trim first, followed by the ceiling. Once those are complete, you can move on to painting the walls.
- To get a smooth finish, be sure to use a paint roller. For best results, use a two-inch angled brush and paint in long, even strokes. Start at the top of the wall and work your way down, reloading your brush as needed.
- If there are any rough or textured areas, consider using a paint sprayer – this will ensure an even coat without any pesky brush strokes.
Finally, DO NOT RUSH!
Rushing through the job is only going to lead to poor results. Be patient and meticulous and enjoy watching your space come alive with color! With these amazing tips from our professional painters, you’re ready to tackle your interior painting project head-on!
There you have it – our top tips for a terrific paint job! By following these simple yet crucial steps, you’ll be well on your way to a beautifully finished space.
DIY can be fun, but if you’re looking for top-quality professional results, then it’s always best to leave the painting to the experts – and our team of experts at BIG Painting is here to help.
Our interior painting services include free color consultations, easy online booking, and all the necessary supplies and materials are covered. We use Sherwin Williams paints in all our jobs to breathe new life into your home. Furthermore, each interior painting project is backed by a 2-year all-inclusive guarantee in Lawrenceville, so you have nothing to worry about!
Your search for the best residential painters in Lawrenceville is over!